Workforce Development Coordinator & Economic Development Specialist
Are you ready to be a Change-Maker? Do you actively look to collaborate and lift others up? Are you looking to make positive impact with the relationships you build in your career? If you answered “Yes”, to all those questions. Then please read on…
The Defiance County, Ohio Economic Development Office is looking for a Workforce Development Coordinator & Economic Development Specialist who has experience building relationships, implementing programs, and being part of a team that is passionate about supporting each other and the community.
This team member will be responsible for a wide range of activities which include, but not limited to – developing relationships with local businesses and organizations, recruitment for job positions via forming partnerships with schools, Ohio Means Jobs, and other local workforce entities. While the focus of this position will be workforce, this position will also require the applicant to assist in regular economic development activities, as well.
• Create and implement existing programs.
• Identify, develop, and maintain workforce development partnerships and network with other program coordinators.
• Develop effective working relationships with employers and maintain regular contact in order to monitor employment satisfaction.
• Assess the staffing needs of businesses, track employment placement, and retention outcomes for program participants.
• Assist in developing program marketing materials, including digital platforms.
• Prepare materials for monthly board/investor reports, as requested.
• Create, maintain, and/or supervise an effective filing system to support programs and clients relations.
• Organize, plan, and execute workforce development events.
• Participate in professional development through appropriate conferences, workshops, seminars, or webinars.
• Assist in registering available Defiance county properties through the JobsOhio website.
• Help with attracting investor support, along with retaining.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or developed based on needs of the community.
• Four-year college degree in business, communications, or related field or a minimum five years relevant experience.
• Previous experience, training or knowledge about workforce development and/or economic development.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize, organize, problem solve, and exercise good judgment
with minimal supervision.
• Skilled coordinating a variety of projects simultaneously.
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility and creativity.
• Must possess an extensive understanding of developing workforce/economic development strategies.
• Must have knowledge in resume building, interviewing, networking and social media.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and basic Internet research techniques.
• Great follow-up skills.
• Knowledge of Constant Contact is a plus.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
• Able to work effectively under time pressure and/or deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Willingness to work flexible, varying hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
Application deadline is June 18, 2021.