UTILITIES & INFRASTRUCTURE
The water, natural gas, electricity and telecommunications firms that serve Defiance County provide reliable and cost-effective solutions that lower the cost of doing business. Toledo Edison and AEP Ohio provide power service, while Ohio Gas Co. and Centurylink meet natural gas and telecommunication needs. Water and sewer services are provided at the municipal level. Contact us for detailed utility cost and capacity information.
LOCATION & TRANSPORTATION
- The City of Defiance is conveniently located within a 45-minute drive of both Toledo, Ohio, and Fort Wayne, Indiana. Defiance County is centrally located between markets in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Columbus, Detroit and Chicago.
- The City of Defiance features four interchanges with U.S. Route 24, the major highway connecting Fort Wayne and Toledo. State Routes 18, 15, 66, 111 and 281 also intersect in the city.
- S. 127 and State Route 18 intersect in the Village of Sherwood and State Routes 18, 49, and 2 pass through the Village of Hicksville.
- The Ohio Turnpike (I-80/I-90) spans the state from east to west and is less than twenty miles from the City of Defiance and the Village of Hicksville.
- Eleven truck lines provide intrastate and interstate shipping.
- Toledo Express and Fort Wayne International Airports, served by several national and international airlines, are located within an hour’s drive from Defiance County. The Defiance County Memorial Airport features a 4,200-foot PLASI lighted runway with instrument approach and provides facilities for corporate and private aircraft.
- Napoleon, Defiance & Western Railway, and CSX Railroad serve Defiance County’s rail needs, with an Amtrak station located in neighboring Williams County.
- The Port of Toledo, located on Lake Erie, is less than 50 miles away from the City of Defiance.